Sunday, October 26, 2008

So This is Transitioning...

I thought because I have read so many books, have so much information, and have so much excitement for the raw food diet that I would simply dump cooked food without a thought. I mean, I've been studying it for years and I know the benefits, so why not?What I did not take into account were my habits, my addictions, my desires, my emotions, my moods, my body cravings, etc. etc.

So, as you know, three days ago I broke down and had sprouted bread, goat cheese, smoked salmon and hummus. Not too bad for a break. At least I didn't have anything processed or chemical laden. 

So now what? This is what they call the 'Transition Stage'.

I went on the biggest raw food forum I know about - The Living and Raw Foods Community - and poured through other's people's experiences..some are 70/30, some are 50/50, some try to be 100%, but end up having cake and fried restaurant food. Some break down completely and have a fast food burger. All of the sudden, I didn't feel like such a loser. I realized that I was transitioning...and that it is totally normal to eat the raw food diet, feel high as a kite (which I did for days, it was lovely!) and then have cooked food. Everyone on the forum was so kind to one another, reminding each other that there is a 'transition stage' from cooked to raw.

Now it's time for me to report what happened because of the cooked food.

My energy plummeted. Completely. I felt heavy. I felt stuck energy. I wasn't connecting as easily. My elimination slowed. No more high. No more feelings of extreme love and gratitude. It was a HUGE difference, which took nearly a day to settle in. Once it did though, I realized the absolute benefits of the raw food diet.

It is RIDICULOUS how different I feel on raw, compared to cooked.

In hindsight, what I could have done to remedy the aggravation and irritation I was feeling, was to take a nap. I could have made a fresh veggie juice. I could have dropped by Earth Fare and grabbed some spirulina which is super high in protein, B12 and ton of other essential nutrients. Mostly though, I think I needed sleep. My body has been going through a LOT of change lately and it was operating on less sleep than I am used to. Instead, I ate some cooked food and THEN went to sleep. 

Now, I am working toward getting back to feeling as great as I did a few days ago. It is such an amazing high. Plus, I will be getting 'The Ultimate Meal', which I mentioned in a previous post. This is a good way to send your body a shot of all the vitamins and minerals it needs.

I'm back to raw, but still not yet back to 'high'.

Regardless, I am seeing MAJOR improvements in my breathing - and I am inspired.

Thanks for reading!

I am leaving you with a Rawcipe Video - Blueberry Chocolate Pie!




No comments: