Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Parents & Food

I'm taking the easy way out, I know.

My parents are in town (at this very moment!) and I'm still at work, but I've decided to eat regular food and forgo the raw while they are here. They arrived an hour or so ago and will leave on Saturday - Halloween.

I haven't seen them in a year and this is the first time they've visited me since I was 23 - thirteen years ago! I really don't want their visit to be about my eating habits, especially when I'm still transitioning. So this time I'm not saying anything and I'll resume my rawdom when they leave. In the meantime, I'll choose as many whole foods as possible, but not make a big deal of it.

I'm excited. Should be fun. We're going to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimney Rock, Black Mountain, The Biltmore Estate, etc. They've never been to Asheville. I'm really impressed that they're here!

Hugs & Hearts,
Tena

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tena, Thanks for reading my blog and many more thanks for the inspiration! I have strayed from my computer for a while but I need a balance of celebrating life and checking into my "raw" friends. I hope this is the start of a new friendship. Alma