Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Little Detoxing....

Today was a good day...

My first Uncooked Rawcipe of the day was my morning smoothie: kale, collard, banana, water and cherry; the last of the cherries, they were delicious! Unfortunately, on my way out the door I forgot the glass. Doh! I had already drank a small glass and 'some' of the second glass. So I just missed a bit. 

It's my fault for having a purse, a laptop bag and lunch in tow, with a phone to my ear. Lesson learned on that one.

An hour or two after being at work, I noticed some detox symptoms: bloating, gas, and for the first time, nausea. I know this does not sound fun! Yet when I think about it, I get all happy that I am releasing all the toxins out of my body. I am also taking prescription medicine right now and that can't help the detox process.

The wave of nausea really took me off guard and I just sat still for a few minutes until it passed. It was slightly uncomfortable, but didn't last very long. I passed the time by looking up detoxing symptoms online and reading about how normal (and good!) it is. Haha.

I am also noticing that my bowels are alive and kickin'. That's one way to put it! Is that too much information (TMI)?

I had 1/2 piece of raw lasagna (I looove this. It's very yummy: zucchini, basil, some sort of creamy sauce - really excellent!) and a tiny bit of a sun burger. Then I went over to Green Life to check out their goodies.
Mayan Truffles from UliMana - Truly an amazing experience. Seriously, it was an EXPERIENCE. I am going to give myself one a day. Like a vitamin! It is only 70 calories and 4 grams of fat for one, and the ingredients list is:

Organic Cacao powder, Organic Cacao Butter, Organic Agave, Organic Cayenne, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Vanilla Bean, Organic Date Sugar and Organic Vanilla Bean. (6 grams of sugar, 1000x grams of pure yum)

I love the fact that they are in Asheville. I may have to give them a visit!

Mountain Mint
WildBar -- It was so good I wrote them a thank you note! Made with Raw Cacao and Wild Blue green Algea. This is too delicious to even explain. It's rich in antioxidants, low glygemic, and offers 53% of the daily recommended value for vitamin B12! It also has 9% B9. 55% dietary fiber. 26% Copper. The list goes on and on. I felt full for hours, and happy.

gRAWnola -- Hand made in South Carolina. Good, but after all that cacao yumminess, it was rather bland.

YUM. I know. I should probably be eating all fruits and veggies right now, but this stuff is so delectable, raw and satisfying...plus, all the experts swear that raw cacao is like some sort of alchemical elixir...I can't help myself.

Plus, I have a huge helping of greens and fruits in the mornings...and will continue to eat mono foods like banans and apples, etc.

I really feel great though.

After work for dinner I had a few leaves of kale torn up in a bowl, a cut up avacado, a cut up mango, 3 macadamia nuts crushed up and sprinkled on top, and the juice of a half a lime. It was excellent.

I am really loving this!


3 comments:

Grace Walker said...

Cheering for you here. How fantastic!! I love how you're sharing what you're eating. It makes my mouth water. I grew up in Fayetteville but am currently living in Arizona. Asheville sounds like a really nice place.

Awesomely Alive! said...

Thanks for letting me know this. I haven't been sure whether people actually want to hear about what I am eating, but it's so fun to share. I have been eating WELL. Much better than before!

Every day is a new adventure!

Grace Walker said...

You're so welcome. I'm thrilled, to be honest because it's a breath of fresh air and always a good reminder of why we do what we do. Your enthusiasm is contagious and your style of writing is fantastic.

Yes, every day is a new adventure! :o)